'Tis the season for chimney fires
PUBLISHED: 11:34 30 December 2008 | UPDATED: 14:48 20 April 2010
FIREFIGHTERS were called out to three chimney fires on Sunday, December 28.
FIREFIGHTERS were called out to three chimney fires on Sunday, December 28. Crews tackled a fire at Lyme Road, in Uplyme, at 10.30am, using chimney gear and the thermal imaging camera. Then at 10.49am, firefighters from Axminster and Honiton were called out to a property in Dalwood after a thatched roof caught fire, involving the flue of a woodburning stove. A small fire in an oak chimney beam was reported at a property in Church Road, Whimple, at 7.33pm. Crew members used small tools and chimney gear to remove the burning sections. The area was made safe before firefighters left the scene.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.