Toaster fire at Axminster

mha-ax-fire-engine2

- Credit: Archant

Trapped food blamed for setting electrical appliance alight

Trapped food caused a toaster to catch alight at Axminster at around 8pm last night (Sunday June 23).

Local firefighters were joined by colleagues from Colyton to attend the ‘blaze’ in the kitchen of a house in Lyme Road.

On arrival they found there had been a small fire in the toaster caused by food getting stuck. They ensured everything was safe before leaving the property.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus