Top award for Lyme museum trustee
Maritime historian honoured
LYME museum trustee Ken Gollop has received a top award from the South West Maritime History Society.
He travelled to the Brunel Centre at the SS Great Britain in Bristol to receive a cut glass paperweight from chairman Dale Thomas.
He commended Mr Gollop for his ongoing contribution to maritime history and for his long service to the resort’s museum.
The regional awards were instigated in 2008 and to date there have been just seven recipients.
You may also want to watch:
Impressively, this is the second award for a Lyme resident. Peter Lacey received one in 2008 for research for his book on the Maritime History of Lyme Regis which will be published next year.
- 1 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 2 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 3 Hundreds of sites are earmarked for new development
- 4 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 5 Property of the Week: Otter Mill
- 6 800th anniversary makes town's celebrated event a hot topic this year
- 7 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 8 He was going, going gone... but now TV auctioneer is back
- 9 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 10 It's time to get on your bike for the Hospiscare Tour de Devon