Top award for Lyme museum trustee
Maritime historian honoured
LYME museum trustee Ken Gollop has received a top award from the South West Maritime History Society.
He travelled to the Brunel Centre at the SS Great Britain in Bristol to receive a cut glass paperweight from chairman Dale Thomas.
He commended Mr Gollop for his ongoing contribution to maritime history and for his long service to the resort’s museum.
The regional awards were instigated in 2008 and to date there have been just seven recipients.
You may also want to watch:
Impressively, this is the second award for a Lyme resident. Peter Lacey received one in 2008 for research for his book on the Maritime History of Lyme Regis which will be published next year.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert