Top award for Lyme museum trustee
Maritime historian honoured
LYME museum trustee Ken Gollop has received a top award from the South West Maritime History Society.
He travelled to the Brunel Centre at the SS Great Britain in Bristol to receive a cut glass paperweight from chairman Dale Thomas.
He commended Mr Gollop for his ongoing contribution to maritime history and for his long service to the resort’s museum.
The regional awards were instigated in 2008 and to date there have been just seven recipients.
You may also want to watch:
Impressively, this is the second award for a Lyme resident. Peter Lacey received one in 2008 for research for his book on the Maritime History of Lyme Regis which will be published next year.
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 3 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 4 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 5 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 6 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 7 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 8 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 9 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
- 10 Premier League contract for local footballer