Top award for Lyme museum trustee
Maritime historian honoured
LYME museum trustee Ken Gollop has received a top award from the South West Maritime History Society.
He travelled to the Brunel Centre at the SS Great Britain in Bristol to receive a cut glass paperweight from chairman Dale Thomas.
He commended Mr Gollop for his ongoing contribution to maritime history and for his long service to the resort’s museum.
The regional awards were instigated in 2008 and to date there have been just seven recipients.
You may also want to watch:
Impressively, this is the second award for a Lyme resident. Peter Lacey received one in 2008 for research for his book on the Maritime History of Lyme Regis which will be published next year.
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 Big-hearted trio smash fundraising target for animal sanctuary
- 3 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 4 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 5 Monday means a big step forward on road to economic recovery
- 6 Firefighters ask farmers to be on guard after spate of blazes
- 7 Mr Music's motor is no van ordinaire
- 8 Sisters urge supporters to keep giving as mum battles to beat cancer
- 9 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 10 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help