Top award for Lyme’s Alexandra Hotel
Lyme hotel wins international recognition
A LYME Regis hotel has won a top international award.
The Alexandra has been named “The Most Excellent Waterside Hotel 2011” in the Cond� Nast Johansens Awards.
Based on guest nomination forms, survey reports and inspections, the awards are an international mark of distinction and The Alexandra was amongst the most prestigious hotels in the UK and Ireland to win one.
Kathryn Haskins, owner and MD of the Alexandra said: “Major changes have been made in the last few years since I took over and we have all been working very hard to achieve our goal. It has really paid off, we had a staff meeting with champagne to celebrate – everyone is really proud for the hotel and they deserve to be - any hotel is only as good as the team that fuels it.”
You may also want to watch:
She bought the Alexandra four years ago from her parents who had owned it for over 30 years. Since then the Hotel has been redeveloped and designed, with a mix of chic traditional English style with a contemporary twist and of course, warm traditional service. Future plans include a Health Spa based on marine elements and ‘seaside’ treatments, and new, super luxury rooms to soak up the views.
- 1 Honiton U9s overjoyed to be playing competitive rugby once again
- 2 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 3 Snubbed! Lacemaker whose expertise was too good for the judges
- 4 Laptops and tablet help primary school
- 5 Property of the Week: Corn Mill, Ottery St Mary
- 6 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 7 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 8 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future
- 9 New premises for treasured mental health charity
- 10 Clyst Valley park is part of Exmouth to Exmoor national trail vision