Top award for Lyme’s Alexandra Hotel
Lyme hotel wins international recognition
A LYME Regis hotel has won a top international award.
The Alexandra has been named “The Most Excellent Waterside Hotel 2011” in the Cond� Nast Johansens Awards.
Based on guest nomination forms, survey reports and inspections, the awards are an international mark of distinction and The Alexandra was amongst the most prestigious hotels in the UK and Ireland to win one.
Kathryn Haskins, owner and MD of the Alexandra said: “Major changes have been made in the last few years since I took over and we have all been working very hard to achieve our goal. It has really paid off, we had a staff meeting with champagne to celebrate – everyone is really proud for the hotel and they deserve to be - any hotel is only as good as the team that fuels it.”
You may also want to watch:
She bought the Alexandra four years ago from her parents who had owned it for over 30 years. Since then the Hotel has been redeveloped and designed, with a mix of chic traditional English style with a contemporary twist and of course, warm traditional service. Future plans include a Health Spa based on marine elements and ‘seaside’ treatments, and new, super luxury rooms to soak up the views.
- 1 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 2 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 3 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 4 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 5 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 6 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 7 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 8 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 9 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon