Top award for two Seaton Guides
Praise for teeangers after they complete a series of tough challenges
TWO Seaton Guides have been presented with the movement’s highest award.
Teenagers Emma Lewis and Pippa Anning completed a tough series of tests to win their Baden-Powell Challenge certificates.
Amongst the tasks they had to complete was to attend a weekend activity course and carry out a community project.
Seaton Guides leader Jane Johns said the girls, both students at The Woodroffe School, Lyme Regis, had done really well to win what was the top award available to them.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “They have worked very hard for this and we are very pleased. They have now become young leaders in the unit.”
The girls received their certificates from Devon Guides’ president Mary Jones, at a ceremony in St Gregory’s Church Hall.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 5 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 6 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 7 School embraces reading challenge
- 8 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 9 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism