Top marks for Devon primary schools
Successful year for SATs results.
DEVON primary schools enjoyed another year of successful exam results, according to new figures.
The figures, released by the Department of Education, showed that in 2010 overall performance in SATs tests in the county for English and maths continued to improve - and beat national results.
Devon County Council’s Cabinet Member for Children’s Health and Wellbeing, Andrea Davis, said: “We are pleased that Devon schools have maintained their lead on schools nationally and regionally”.
The percentage of pupils achieving the benchmark Level 4 or above in English and maths rose to 82 per cent in 2010, which is up two points for maths and one for English.
This is compared to a national figure of 80 per cent for maintained schools.
The regional figures for the South West are 81 per cent in English and 80 per cent in maths.
- 1 Cars targeted by arsonist in Honiton
- 2 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
- 3 Devon model railway manufacturer expands factory space to keep up with demand
- 4 Campsite bid for farm to boost business
- 5 New homes released for sale in Seaton with help available for first time buyers
- 6 Mum-to-be's relaxing holiday ends in baby being delivered at Devon resort
- 7 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 8 Exeter vaccine centre at Greendale will remain open
- 9 New police station will help address challenges in keeping residents safe
- 10 'A new era, and a new beginning for Honiton Town Council'