Top marks for Devon primary schools
Successful year for SATs results.
DEVON primary schools enjoyed another year of successful exam results, according to new figures.
The figures, released by the Department of Education, showed that in 2010 overall performance in SATs tests in the county for English and maths continued to improve - and beat national results.
Devon County Council’s Cabinet Member for Children’s Health and Wellbeing, Andrea Davis, said: “We are pleased that Devon schools have maintained their lead on schools nationally and regionally”.
The percentage of pupils achieving the benchmark Level 4 or above in English and maths rose to 82 per cent in 2010, which is up two points for maths and one for English.
You may also want to watch:
This is compared to a national figure of 80 per cent for maintained schools.
The regional figures for the South West are 81 per cent in English and 80 per cent in maths.
- 1 Rogue builder jailed for ripping off Honiton customers
- 2 Thug jailed for violent bottle attack at Seaton Tesco
- 3 Dark day for Millwey Rise
- 4 Cafe boss bounces back after adapting to impact of virus
- 5 Wedding venue team goes extra mile for customers
- 6 Community group invites people to volunteers fayre
- 7 Flying start for the Axminster Tigers
- 8 Benefit cheat 'too disabled to move' filmed shopping in Axminster
- 9 Honiton u3a group tackles international art theft
- 10 Lottery millionaire helps support big beach clean-up