Top marks for Devon primary schools
Successful year for SATs results.
DEVON primary schools enjoyed another year of successful exam results, according to new figures.
The figures, released by the Department of Education, showed that in 2010 overall performance in SATs tests in the county for English and maths continued to improve - and beat national results.
Devon County Council’s Cabinet Member for Children’s Health and Wellbeing, Andrea Davis, said: “We are pleased that Devon schools have maintained their lead on schools nationally and regionally”.
The percentage of pupils achieving the benchmark Level 4 or above in English and maths rose to 82 per cent in 2010, which is up two points for maths and one for English.
You may also want to watch:
This is compared to a national figure of 80 per cent for maintained schools.
The regional figures for the South West are 81 per cent in English and 80 per cent in maths.
- 1 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 2 Ian Hall retains Devon County Council seat
- 3 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 4 Millwey Rise 2 Pinhoe 0
- 5 Hollie's happy to be in the Little Shop of vouchers
- 6 Children get a taste of life in a forest school - and enjoy the benefits
- 7 Netball club members win superstar backing for 'trip' to Australia
- 8 Ian Chubb retains Whimple and Blackdown seat
- 9 Latest news from Axe Cliff Golf Club
- 10 Honiton carers' group meets again