Top marks for Devon primary schools
Successful year for SATs results.
DEVON primary schools enjoyed another year of successful exam results, according to new figures.
The figures, released by the Department of Education, showed that in 2010 overall performance in SATs tests in the county for English and maths continued to improve - and beat national results.
Devon County Council’s Cabinet Member for Children’s Health and Wellbeing, Andrea Davis, said: “We are pleased that Devon schools have maintained their lead on schools nationally and regionally”.
The percentage of pupils achieving the benchmark Level 4 or above in English and maths rose to 82 per cent in 2010, which is up two points for maths and one for English.
You may also want to watch:
This is compared to a national figure of 80 per cent for maintained schools.
The regional figures for the South West are 81 per cent in English and 80 per cent in maths.
- 1 'Unmissable' music show a treat for Beehive audiences
- 2 PM had to be cautious on next step, says MP
- 3 Farm opens gardens and wildflower meadows to support good causes
- 4 4 common roofing problems and how you can fix them
- 5 Walkers get ready to step out in the twilight for Hospiscare
- 6 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 7 Axminster bowlers travel to Seaton for a challenging fixture
- 8 Royal College of Midwives calls for long-term investment in NHS staff
- 9 Leanne's charity pledge to spread the word on vision awareness
- 10 Traders repay public's support with a fortnight feast of fiver offers