Top ranking for “outstanding” Uplyme School
Church of England primary is so good it no longer needs routine inspections
UPLYME school is such a class act education chiefs say it no longer needs a routine inspection.
Mrs Ethelston’s Church of England primary was awarded the highest rating of “outstanding” by Ofsted inspectors in 2008.
The village school would normally have been due for another inspection around now.
But the schools’ standards agency has told them that it is performing so well that it won’t be subjected to a further inspection unless circumstances change.
You may also want to watch:
In a letter, the Chief Inspector of Schools, Christine Gilbert, says Ofsted has reviewed its performance over the past three years and found it continues to be outstanding.
She said: “To help decide whether we need to inspect an outstanding school, inspectors look at various sources of information - pupils’ academic performance, attendance, any inspection visits carried out by Ofsted since the last routine inspection, complaints about the school by parents or carers or any other significant concerns brought to Ofsted’s attention.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Musical treat raises £800 for Afghanistan charity appeal
- 9 Cranbrook prevail in local derby
- 10 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
“I am pleased to inform you that our interim assessment indicates performance has been sustained.
“We will continue to undertake annual assessments of the school’s performance. I wish everyone involved in the school continued success in the future.”
Mrs Ethelston’s headteacher, Andrea Rice, said: “We are delighted to be recognised as an outstanding school for the second time.
“This is in recognition of all the hard work by the whole school team.
“We continue to provide the best education possible for our children in a happy and caring environment where all children are valued.”
* Plans are currently under way to build a new, more spacious, school at Uplyme on a site near the village hall.