Tots help spend £10,000
- Credit: Archant
Seaton youngsters vote for their new piece of play equipment
Tiny tots have voted for the piece of equipment they want installed at a newly refurbished play area at Seaton.
The youngsters were asked to help decide how to spend a £10,000 Awards for All grant at the Elizabeth Road play area.
Town councillor Dawn Squire, who was responsible for the application and consultation, said the children at Rupert’s PreSchool and at Pink Hippos helped choose the piece of apparatus being installed next month.
The children, their parents, child minders and early years professionals voted by posting a milk bottle top into a box under their favourite piece of play equipment.
You may also want to watch:
The winning equipment (pictured) will be installed by Wicksteed in July.
“It is always lots of fun when you enable children to make decisions on things important to them,” added Cllr Squire.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
“It has been a pleasure working with the preschools and we are very lucky to have two preschools in the town who so enthusiastic and supportive in improving play for the under 5’s. A special thank you to everyone who took the time to vote.