Tourism award for Axminster B&B
Hedgehog Corner commended for its great value for money
A “value for money” Axminster bed and breakfast business has won more acclaim from colleague in the holiday industry.
“Hedgehog Corner”, near Raymonds Hill, was highly commended at the South West Tourism Awards in Torquay last week.
Comments from the mystery shopper who stayed there included: “of all the places visited Hedgehog Corner provided the most outstanding value for money”.
Proprietor Joy Raymond, who was accompanied by manager Tara Dare, said: “We were astonished to find the other finalists included wedding venue Pentillie Castle which took the gold and Roundhouse Barn Holidays, also from Cornwall, who took the silver.
You may also want to watch:
“To be a finalist along with establishments of this class and size from six counties within the South West was to us a true accomplishment.
“We have worked very hard in recent years to enhance the level of hospitality offered to our guests, from produce to customer care. Hedgehog Corner is also part of the Green Tourism in Business Scheme and we recently installed PV Solar Panels as well as working on other ongoing refurbishments.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 9 The US Open: part two
- 10 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
“The support of exemplary local firms has been invaluable. I hope that our success in the awards inspires other accommodation providers in our area, no matter how small, to enter next year. The challenge is hard but the benefits are enormous”.