Tourism award for Axminster B&B
Hedgehog Corner commended for its great value for money
A “value for money” Axminster bed and breakfast business has won more acclaim from colleague in the holiday industry.
“Hedgehog Corner”, near Raymonds Hill, was highly commended at the South West Tourism Awards in Torquay last week.
Comments from the mystery shopper who stayed there included: “of all the places visited Hedgehog Corner provided the most outstanding value for money”.
Proprietor Joy Raymond, who was accompanied by manager Tara Dare, said: “We were astonished to find the other finalists included wedding venue Pentillie Castle which took the gold and Roundhouse Barn Holidays, also from Cornwall, who took the silver.
You may also want to watch:
“To be a finalist along with establishments of this class and size from six counties within the South West was to us a true accomplishment.
“We have worked very hard in recent years to enhance the level of hospitality offered to our guests, from produce to customer care. Hedgehog Corner is also part of the Green Tourism in Business Scheme and we recently installed PV Solar Panels as well as working on other ongoing refurbishments.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 10 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
“The support of exemplary local firms has been invaluable. I hope that our success in the awards inspires other accommodation providers in our area, no matter how small, to enter next year. The challenge is hard but the benefits are enormous”.