Tourism award for Axminster B&B
Hedgehog Corner commended for its great value for money
A “value for money” Axminster bed and breakfast business has won more acclaim from colleague in the holiday industry.
“Hedgehog Corner”, near Raymonds Hill, was highly commended at the South West Tourism Awards in Torquay last week.
Comments from the mystery shopper who stayed there included: “of all the places visited Hedgehog Corner provided the most outstanding value for money”.
Proprietor Joy Raymond, who was accompanied by manager Tara Dare, said: “We were astonished to find the other finalists included wedding venue Pentillie Castle which took the gold and Roundhouse Barn Holidays, also from Cornwall, who took the silver.
You may also want to watch:
“To be a finalist along with establishments of this class and size from six counties within the South West was to us a true accomplishment.
“We have worked very hard in recent years to enhance the level of hospitality offered to our guests, from produce to customer care. Hedgehog Corner is also part of the Green Tourism in Business Scheme and we recently installed PV Solar Panels as well as working on other ongoing refurbishments.
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 Increase in hate crime across Devon and Cornwall
- 3 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 6 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 7 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 8 Honiton runners in the Studland Stampede
- 9 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 10 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
“The support of exemplary local firms has been invaluable. I hope that our success in the awards inspires other accommodation providers in our area, no matter how small, to enter next year. The challenge is hard but the benefits are enormous”.