Golfers raise £4,000 for Seaton Hospiscare nurses
- Credit: Archant
Driver Cup competition at Lyme Regis goes with a swing
A golf tournament at Lyme Regis has raised £4,000 for a Seaton based end-of-life nursing service.
The ‘Driver Cup Golf Day’ - postponed in August because of a thick sea mist - finally took place in October.
Golf club manager Duncan Driver said: “I wanted to hold an event in memory of my father, Roger, who was cared for by the Seaton Friends Hospiscare@Home nurses.
“I thank the 184 players who took part, also my golf suppliers for donating raffle prizes, St Austell Brewery, Complete Meats and special thanks to Lyme Regis Golf Club for giving us free use of the course.”
You may also want to watch:
Seaton Hospital League of Friends trustee Shirley Robinson said: “We would like to thank Duncan Driver for supporting our Seaton Friends Hopsiscare@Home service again this year.
“We rely on the support of our local community to enable us to completely fund this valued and much needed end-of-life service in the Beer, Colyton and Seaton area.”
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 10 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
For further information contact Lycia Moore, League manager, on 01297 20143 or email SeatonLOF@nhs.net