Town council backs Lidl plan
AMENDED plans for a new Lidl store at Heathparrk in Honiton have been recommended for approval by town councillors, who recognise the development s potential to bring more jobs to the area.
AMENDED plans for a new Lidl store at Heathparrk in Honiton have been recommended for approval by town councillors, who recognise the development's potential to bring more jobs to the area.
Members of the planning committee have welcomed changes to the proposed store's design.
Lidl made amendments after considering councillors previous comments.
However, the committee is recommending the installation of pedestrian crossings in Heathpark Way and Exeter Road, as well as a filter lane at Turks Head.
You may also want to watch:
Councillors believe management of pollution problems at Turks Head be prioritised.
Lidl is seeking consent from East Devon District Council to demolish Heathpark Service Station to make way for the new store.
- 1 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 2 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 3 Hundreds of sites are earmarked for new development
- 4 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 5 800th anniversary makes town's celebrated event a hot topic this year
- 6 Property of the Week: Otter Mill
- 7 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 8 He was going, going gone... but now TV auctioneer is back
- 9 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 10 It's time to get on your bike for the Hospiscare Tour de Devon