Town council backs Lidl plan
AMENDED plans for a new Lidl store at Heathparrk in Honiton have been recommended for approval by town councillors, who recognise the development s potential to bring more jobs to the area.
AMENDED plans for a new Lidl store at Heathparrk in Honiton have been recommended for approval by town councillors, who recognise the development's potential to bring more jobs to the area.
Members of the planning committee have welcomed changes to the proposed store's design.
Lidl made amendments after considering councillors previous comments.
However, the committee is recommending the installation of pedestrian crossings in Heathpark Way and Exeter Road, as well as a filter lane at Turks Head.
You may also want to watch:
Councillors believe management of pollution problems at Turks Head be prioritised.
Lidl is seeking consent from East Devon District Council to demolish Heathpark Service Station to make way for the new store.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 7 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 8 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 9 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 10 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home