Town council backs Lidl plan
AMENDED plans for a new Lidl store at Heathparrk in Honiton have been recommended for approval by town councillors, who recognise the development s potential to bring more jobs to the area.
AMENDED plans for a new Lidl store at Heathparrk in Honiton have been recommended for approval by town councillors, who recognise the development's potential to bring more jobs to the area.
Members of the planning committee have welcomed changes to the proposed store's design.
Lidl made amendments after considering councillors previous comments.
However, the committee is recommending the installation of pedestrian crossings in Heathpark Way and Exeter Road, as well as a filter lane at Turks Head.
You may also want to watch:
Councillors believe management of pollution problems at Turks Head be prioritised.
Lidl is seeking consent from East Devon District Council to demolish Heathpark Service Station to make way for the new store.
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 3 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 4 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 5 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 6 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 7 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 8 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 9 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 10 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter