Town council backs Lidl plan
AMENDED plans for a new Lidl store at Heathparrk in Honiton have been recommended for approval by town councillors, who recognise the development s potential to bring more jobs to the area.
AMENDED plans for a new Lidl store at Heathparrk in Honiton have been recommended for approval by town councillors, who recognise the development's potential to bring more jobs to the area.
Members of the planning committee have welcomed changes to the proposed store's design.
Lidl made amendments after considering councillors previous comments.
However, the committee is recommending the installation of pedestrian crossings in Heathpark Way and Exeter Road, as well as a filter lane at Turks Head.
You may also want to watch:
Councillors believe management of pollution problems at Turks Head be prioritised.
Lidl is seeking consent from East Devon District Council to demolish Heathpark Service Station to make way for the new store.
- 1 Talks to find future for historic farmhouse ravaged by fire
- 2 Millwey Rise 2 Pinhoe 0
- 3 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 4 Honiton Stingrays looking for new swimmers
- 5 Jack's back with a fresh emphasis on community
- 6 Property of the Week: The Grove, Colyton
- 7 Flitch Success for the Armstrong family
- 8 Independent family store embraces future with retailing first
- 9 The importance of renewable energy
- 10 Tourist attraction scoops prestigious award for 'tramathon' live event