Town council hell-bent on community centre
Resident urges move to magistrates’ court.
Yet again, I see, on your front page of this week’s issue, the wretched town council’s hell-bent determination on pursuing this ego-trip of a new community centre.
Back last August, in the Knowle’s council chamber, I, and others, gave our frank opinions on this nonsense.
I said then that our people would soon be hurting with loss of jobs and hours of employment, and that the confounded town council should withdraw from the parallel universe on which they seem to reside.
The council’s main purpose is to serve the people they represent who are now hurting.
The New Street premises are quite adequate for a town council but, if needs must, why not move them to the magistrates’ court where they’ll be out of sight and out of mind and with a minimum of cost.
This continuing arrogance being demonstrated by the town council is totally unacceptable and they surely need a swift kick where it hurts to wake them out.
- 1 Gittsham motorist 'so drunk he had to be carried out of car'
- 2 Towns join forces to promote green tourism
- 3 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 4 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
- 5 Axminster vehicle extravaganza hailed 'great day out'
- 6 Woman seriously injured after motorway bridge fall
- 7 Simon Jupp calls for Prime Minister's resignation
- 8 Stark warning on spending from Devon finance chief
- 9 Serious accident closes A35 in both directions
- 10 Motorcyclist dies after crash on A35 near Axminster