It was with utter disbelief that I read in your paper that Axminster Town Council actually supports the expansion of the Tesco store in Axminster – and if they support it, then they should all resign as they obviously do not care about Axminster or its people!
It was with utter disbelief that I read in your paper that Axminster Town Council actually supports the expansion of the Tesco store in Axminster - and if they support it, then they should all resign as they obviously do not care about Axminster or its people!
It will not be good for the town - they treat Axminster like a tip, with trolleys abandoned for days on end (there is one currently in the stream alongside the store that has been residing there for five days now alongside the litter-strewn bank) as well as litter and broken beer bottles and dogs' mess on their paths.
I would have thought that, with a planning application in process to expand the store, they would at least have temporarily cleaned up their act.
I would like to know how the chamber of commerce feels about the plans, if they care for the future of their businesses and their town?
I feel that democracy has died and with no faith in EDDC to make the right choice the town is doomed!
- 1 Record crowd watches Axminster Town take on Exeter City
- 2 East Devon shop reaches out to support local cancer charity
- 3 'Small farmers' livelihoods face collapse, post-Brexit'
- 4 Plans for keeping Dalwood 'a special place' to be put to the vote
- 5 Ace performer at Axe Cliff Golf Club
- 6 More rugby progress and education for Honiton Under-11s
- 7 Warm golfing welcome to Honiton's new ladies captain
- 8 Policing activity in Honiton, Axminster and Colyford
- 9 Tell us a Story
- 10 Local Tesco donates to Arc Axminster