Town mourns passing of Lyme born Ted Street
Former lyme councillor dies in Australia
A FORMER Lyme Regis town and district councillor has died at his home in Australia.
Ted Street, who was 83, was born in the resort and educated at the former Grammar School there.
A teacher and scout leader, he emigrated “Down Under” in 1957, with wife Freda and three children.
In 1987 he retired, married his second wife Joy Verco and returned to Lyme to care for his elderly mother. He joined the town and district councils in 1990 and was a leading local politician for several years, before returning to Australia.
You may also want to watch:
He is survived by his daughter Jackie, three sons and ten grandchildren.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 3 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 6 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 7 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 8 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 9 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 10 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public