Town mourns passing of Lyme born Ted Street
Former lyme councillor dies in Australia
A FORMER Lyme Regis town and district councillor has died at his home in Australia.
Ted Street, who was 83, was born in the resort and educated at the former Grammar School there.
A teacher and scout leader, he emigrated “Down Under” in 1957, with wife Freda and three children.
In 1987 he retired, married his second wife Joy Verco and returned to Lyme to care for his elderly mother. He joined the town and district councils in 1990 and was a leading local politician for several years, before returning to Australia.
You may also want to watch:
He is survived by his daughter Jackie, three sons and ten grandchildren.
- 1 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 2 Sisters urge supporters to keep giving as mum battles to beat cancer
- 3 Honiton Stingrays looking for new swimmers
- 4 End of online meetings leaves councils with a dilemma
- 5 Families' feedback is great after kids tuck in to food initiative
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Green blueprint for new valley park is agreed
- 8 Customers reminded to look out for tax credit renewal packs
- 9 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 10 School recognised for appliance of science