Traders hogging on-street parking spaces
Seaton shoppers forced to go elsewhere.
2011 shows no sign of being any easier for small businesses in Seaton. However, some of the shopkeepers and businesses in Cross Street and Queen Street do themselves and their fellow traders no favours by occupying for long periods, sometimes all day, parking spaces in the street with their own vehicles.
I mention no names, they know who they are, as do their potential customers who have to take their trade elsewhere because they cannot find spaces to park.
They should think twice before driving sorely-needed custom into the arms of the supermarkets with their abundant free convenient parking.
You may also want to watch:
Poplar Tree Drive
- 1 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 2 Sisters urge supporters to keep giving as mum battles to beat cancer
- 3 Honiton Stingrays looking for new swimmers
- 4 End of online meetings leaves councils with a dilemma
- 5 Families' feedback is great after kids tuck in to food initiative
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Green blueprint for new valley park is agreed
- 8 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 9 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future
- 10 School recognised for appliance of science