Traders hogging on-street parking spaces
Seaton shoppers forced to go elsewhere.
2011 shows no sign of being any easier for small businesses in Seaton. However, some of the shopkeepers and businesses in Cross Street and Queen Street do themselves and their fellow traders no favours by occupying for long periods, sometimes all day, parking spaces in the street with their own vehicles.
I mention no names, they know who they are, as do their potential customers who have to take their trade elsewhere because they cannot find spaces to park.
They should think twice before driving sorely-needed custom into the arms of the supermarkets with their abundant free convenient parking.
You may also want to watch:
Poplar Tree Drive
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Lions help enthusiastic work skills group
- 4 Hill climbs to the top on Captain’s Day
- 5 Your chance to be crowned top artist
- 6 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 7 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 8 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 9 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 10 Motorists urged: park sensibly, don't drive Devon residents mad