Traders hogging on-street parking spaces
Seaton shoppers forced to go elsewhere.
2011 shows no sign of being any easier for small businesses in Seaton. However, some of the shopkeepers and businesses in Cross Street and Queen Street do themselves and their fellow traders no favours by occupying for long periods, sometimes all day, parking spaces in the street with their own vehicles.
I mention no names, they know who they are, as do their potential customers who have to take their trade elsewhere because they cannot find spaces to park.
They should think twice before driving sorely-needed custom into the arms of the supermarkets with their abundant free convenient parking.
You may also want to watch:
Poplar Tree Drive
- 1 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 2 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 3 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 4 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 5 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 6 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 7 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 8 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 9 Singing in the Valleys for Alan
- 10 Fuel poverty: Real pressure is on those with low incomes