Trafalgar Day service
ON Sunday, October 18, the White Ensign will fly over Exeter Cathedral during the annual service to celebrate Lord Nelson s great victory at Trafalgar in 1805.
ON Sunday, October 18, the White Ensign will fly over Exeter Cathedral during the annual service to celebrate Lord Nelson's great victory at Trafalgar in 1805.
The Service starts at 11.30am and will be attended by The Lord Lieutenant and the Lord Mayor of Exeter and Senior Royal Naval and Royal Marine Officers.
Before the Service, it is hoped that there will be a fly past by a Seahawk from the Royal Navy's Historic Flight based at Yeovilton.
The Address will be given by the Right Reverend Michael Langrish, Lord Bishop of Exeter,
You may also want to watch:
The First Lesson will be read by Admiral of the Fleet Sir Benjamin Bathurst GCB and the Second by Commander Brian Boxall-Hunt OBE Royal Navy
In the congregation there will be contingents from HMS Trafalgar, HMS Vivid, the Royal Marines, the Britannia Royal Naval College, Dartmouth and Sea Cadets from units all over Devon.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 3 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 4 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 5 Horror shows and light entertainment for Halloween viewing
- 6 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 7 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 8 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 9 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
Music will be provided by the Band of HM Royal Marines Plymouth.
Everybody is welcome to come to the Service which starts at 11.30am.
For further information please contact Commander Rory Jackson at 01803 215959 or firstname.lastname@example.org