Trafalgar Day service
ON Sunday, October 18, the White Ensign will fly over Exeter Cathedral during the annual service to celebrate Lord Nelson s great victory at Trafalgar in 1805.
ON Sunday, October 18, the White Ensign will fly over Exeter Cathedral during the annual service to celebrate Lord Nelson's great victory at Trafalgar in 1805.
The Service starts at 11.30am and will be attended by The Lord Lieutenant and the Lord Mayor of Exeter and Senior Royal Naval and Royal Marine Officers.
Before the Service, it is hoped that there will be a fly past by a Seahawk from the Royal Navy's Historic Flight based at Yeovilton.
The Address will be given by the Right Reverend Michael Langrish, Lord Bishop of Exeter,
You may also want to watch:
The First Lesson will be read by Admiral of the Fleet Sir Benjamin Bathurst GCB and the Second by Commander Brian Boxall-Hunt OBE Royal Navy
In the congregation there will be contingents from HMS Trafalgar, HMS Vivid, the Royal Marines, the Britannia Royal Naval College, Dartmouth and Sea Cadets from units all over Devon.
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 School old boy went above and beyond call of duty to honour ware heroes
- 3 Hourly weekday services resume on East Devon rail link
- 4 Have your say on future development of village
- 5 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 6 Mark thanks Scouts for helping in the battle to beat polio
- 7 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 8 Big-hearted trio smash fundraising target for animal sanctuary
- 9 Monday means a big step forward on road to economic recovery
- 10 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
Music will be provided by the Band of HM Royal Marines Plymouth.
Everybody is welcome to come to the Service which starts at 11.30am.
For further information please contact Commander Rory Jackson at 01803 215959 or firstname.lastname@example.org