Traffic restrictions lifted over Christmas and New Year
Restrictions on Junction 29 of the M5 to be relaxed.
Lane restrictions around Junction 29 of the M5 will be removed for the Christmas and New Year.
No work will take place on the junction of the M5 and A30 from 6am on Friday, December 23, until midnight on Tuesday, January 3.
During the Christmas period 50 and 40mph limits will remain in place and cones will be place at the edge of the carriageway.
The right turn from the A30 westbound to M5 north will remain closed and traffic will continue to be diverted via Moor Lane roundabout, back onto the eastbound carriageway of the A30 to continue northbound on the M5.
You may also want to watch:
A section of footpath on the southern side of the A30, restricting access to Sowton village via Sowton Lodge, will also remain closed over the holiday period.
Cyclists and pedestrians are being diverted to use the existing crossing on the A30, alongside the A30 eastbound through Blackhorse and across the Blackhorse Interchange bridge.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
Traffic management and restrictions will restart from January 3, 2012, when lane closures will be in place on the A30 westbound carriageway and the M5 southbound entry slip road.
The closure of the right turn from the A30 westbound to M5 north will continue, with the same diversion in place via Moor Lane roundabout.
There will also be lane closures on the A3015/A30 eastbound from Moor Lane roundabout and on the northbound exit slip road to the A30 from M5 northbound outside peak times.