Traffic restrictions lifted over Christmas and New Year
Restrictions on Junction 29 of the M5 to be relaxed.
Lane restrictions around Junction 29 of the M5 will be removed for the Christmas and New Year.
No work will take place on the junction of the M5 and A30 from 6am on Friday, December 23, until midnight on Tuesday, January 3.
During the Christmas period 50 and 40mph limits will remain in place and cones will be place at the edge of the carriageway.
The right turn from the A30 westbound to M5 north will remain closed and traffic will continue to be diverted via Moor Lane roundabout, back onto the eastbound carriageway of the A30 to continue northbound on the M5.
You may also want to watch:
A section of footpath on the southern side of the A30, restricting access to Sowton village via Sowton Lodge, will also remain closed over the holiday period.
Cyclists and pedestrians are being diverted to use the existing crossing on the A30, alongside the A30 eastbound through Blackhorse and across the Blackhorse Interchange bridge.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 3 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 4 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 5 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public
- 8 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 9 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 10 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track
Traffic management and restrictions will restart from January 3, 2012, when lane closures will be in place on the A30 westbound carriageway and the M5 southbound entry slip road.
The closure of the right turn from the A30 westbound to M5 north will continue, with the same diversion in place via Moor Lane roundabout.
There will also be lane closures on the A3015/A30 eastbound from Moor Lane roundabout and on the northbound exit slip road to the A30 from M5 northbound outside peak times.