Train buff chuffed to drive steam loco
- Credit: Archant
A former Pecorama employee returned to catch up with friends and colleagues last week - and ended up driving a train.
Mike Davis, from Axminster, retired as a shop assistant at the Beer-based model railway firm recently, after 15 years.
Returning for what he thought would be a quiet chat with his pals last week he got a big surprise.
Pecorama directors Michael Pritchard, Ben Arnold and Chris Noake had arranged for Mike to drive one of his beloved steam trains around the Pecorama light railway track
Later the surprise continued, when he was joined by friends and family for a celebration high tea in the magnificent Orion Pullman carriage on site.
You may also want to watch:
With an afternoon tea menu, reminiscent of those famously served at the Ritz and the Savoy, in London, Mike enjoyed the afternoon, being served with a fine selection of cakes, pastries and finger sandwiches whilst reminiscing with his friends and former work colleagues.
Pecorama chairman Michael Pritchard said: “It really was a delightful afternoon and we were so happy that we could surprise Mike in this way as a small token of our affection for him and to show our appreciation for all he has done for us over the years.”
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery