Train operator prepares for blizzards
- Credit: Archant
Revised timetable being planned ahead of tomorrow’s forecast heavy snow for East Devon
South West Trains is advising passengers that a revised train service is planned for tomorrow (Friday, January 18) as a result of the forecast for severe weather and heavy snowfall.
A severe weather warning of heavy snow has been issued for across the South West, including East Devon.
Snowfall and blizzards have been predicted, which could affect train services.
Jake Kelly, Customer Service Director for the South West Trains-Network Rail Alliance, said: “Over the past few days, we have been carefully monitoring the weather forecast to enable us to make a decision about the level of service we should plan to run. With severe weather warnings in place for heavy snow on our network, we have taken the decision to put a special timetable in place for Friday 18 January.
You may also want to watch:
“We know that what our passengers want most is certainty about when and how they are going to get to their destination. “This special timetable helps ensure this by running slightly fewer services and allowing more time for trains to cope with poor conditions. In addition, it allows us to avoid train crew being in the wrong place which can cause further disruption. “The revised timetable we have in place for tomorrow will help to ensure we make best use of our resources to deliver the most robust service we can for passengers should the forecasts prove accurate and will help our passengers plan ahead.”
Revised timetables, which are available online at www.southwesttrains.co.uk
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 4 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 5 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 6 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 7 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon