Trains delayed after railway death
Waterloo line affected.
South West Trains says services from London Waterloo are currently being severely disrupted after person was struck by a train earlier this afternoon.
All services from London Waterloo are subject to cancellation and delay until further notice.
Passengers may travel on local bus services, London Underground or Southern rail services via any reasonable route until further notice.
Passengers may use First Great Western services to travel to/from Basingstoke until further notice. Passengers can also travel between Bournemouth and Reading via Basingstoke via CrossCountry services until further notice.
You may also want to watch:
A South West Trains spokesperson said: “We are sorry for the disruption that our passengers will face this evening as a result of the earlier incident at Surbiton. We are working closely with the emergency services and Network Rail to start running services again as quickly as possible, however we do expect major disruption to our services throughout the evening.”
All services to/from London Waterloo to Dorking are cancelled
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 3 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 4 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 5 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 6 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 9 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track
- 10 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
Services between London Waterloo and Salisbury will start and terminate at Basingstoke
Services between London Waterloo and Hampton Court will only operate between Surbiton and Hampton Court.
Services between Alton and London Waterloo will only operate between Alton and Woking
Services between Portsmouth Harbour and London Waterloo via Basingstoke will start and terminate at Woking
Stopping services between Portsmouth and Southsea and London Waterloo will start and terminate at Guildford
Trains running between Guildford and London Waterloo via Cobham and Stoke d’Abernon will call additionally at Raynes Park
Services between Weymouth and London Waterloo will all call at Basingstoke and Woking.
Passengers are advised as follows: