Trains delayed after railway death
Waterloo line affected.
South West Trains says services from London Waterloo are currently being severely disrupted after person was struck by a train earlier this afternoon.
All services from London Waterloo are subject to cancellation and delay until further notice.
Passengers may travel on local bus services, London Underground or Southern rail services via any reasonable route until further notice.
Passengers may use First Great Western services to travel to/from Basingstoke until further notice. Passengers can also travel between Bournemouth and Reading via Basingstoke via CrossCountry services until further notice.
You may also want to watch:
A South West Trains spokesperson said: “We are sorry for the disruption that our passengers will face this evening as a result of the earlier incident at Surbiton. We are working closely with the emergency services and Network Rail to start running services again as quickly as possible, however we do expect major disruption to our services throughout the evening.”
All services to/from London Waterloo to Dorking are cancelled
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Government scraps house building quota in East Devon
Services between London Waterloo and Salisbury will start and terminate at Basingstoke
Services between London Waterloo and Hampton Court will only operate between Surbiton and Hampton Court.
Services between Alton and London Waterloo will only operate between Alton and Woking
Services between Portsmouth Harbour and London Waterloo via Basingstoke will start and terminate at Woking
Stopping services between Portsmouth and Southsea and London Waterloo will start and terminate at Guildford
Trains running between Guildford and London Waterloo via Cobham and Stoke d’Abernon will call additionally at Raynes Park
Services between Weymouth and London Waterloo will all call at Basingstoke and Woking.
Passengers are advised as follows: