Tram travellers keep charity funding on track
Seaton Tramway team raise �379 for Cancer Research during a special promotion day
Staff at Seaton Tramway kept their charity work on track with a donation of �379.16 to Cancer Research last week.
The money was raised from passenger donations during a special promotion earlier this month.
On specific journeys throughout August 14 the company offered return travel for just �1 and invited people to donate the rest of the usual cost of the fare to Cancer Research. There was also live entertainment provided by Coly River Jazz band at Colyton Station during the day.
Jenny Nunn, managing director of Seaton Tramway said: “We have supported Cancer Research charities for a number of years and we are always delighted that our visitors get in to the spirit of things and help us in our fund raising. I am thrilled that we were able to raise almost �400 on just one day and I am sure the money will go towards helping the valuable work Cancer Research carry out.”
You may also want to watch:
To find out about other events taking place at Seaton Tramway during the summer please visit www.tram.co.uk or their Facebook page at www.facebook.com/seatontramway
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 9 The US Open: part two
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax