Tram travellers keep charity funding on track
Seaton Tramway team raise �379 for Cancer Research during a special promotion day
Staff at Seaton Tramway kept their charity work on track with a donation of �379.16 to Cancer Research last week.
The money was raised from passenger donations during a special promotion earlier this month.
On specific journeys throughout August 14 the company offered return travel for just �1 and invited people to donate the rest of the usual cost of the fare to Cancer Research. There was also live entertainment provided by Coly River Jazz band at Colyton Station during the day.
Jenny Nunn, managing director of Seaton Tramway said: “We have supported Cancer Research charities for a number of years and we are always delighted that our visitors get in to the spirit of things and help us in our fund raising. I am thrilled that we were able to raise almost �400 on just one day and I am sure the money will go towards helping the valuable work Cancer Research carry out.”
You may also want to watch:
To find out about other events taking place at Seaton Tramway during the summer please visit www.tram.co.uk or their Facebook page at www.facebook.com/seatontramway
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 Increase in hate crime across Devon and Cornwall
- 3 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 6 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 7 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 8 Honiton runners in the Studland Stampede
- 9 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 10 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event