Transition Town Honiton sets its sights on a new project
Meeting to take place to discuss setting up a new plastic recycling project in the town.
Transition Town Honiton (TTH) is looking to set up a plastic recycling project in the town.
Anyone interested in finding out more or getting involved is urged to come along to a meeting at The Holt on Tuesday, November 26, at 7pm.
Sharon Pavey, of TTH, said: “Local people are keen to follow in the footsteps of Sustainable Crediton, where tons of plastic is being diverted from landfill.
“We’re setting up a group to collect plastic that isn’t currently collected by the local council – such as yoghurt pots, margarine tubs and vegetable packaging.
You may also want to watch:
“Plastic takes a long time to decompose so we want to see it being recycled, rather than damaging our local environment.”
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 7 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 8 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 9 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery