Transition town is born
Honiton joins the transition town movement.
Honiton is moving forward as a Transition Town following a successful public meeting.
More than 20 people attended the event, at Montgomery’s last Wednesday, to discuss the possibility of the town following other areas, like Sidmouth, Exmouth and Ottery St Mary, in joining the transition town movement.
Councillor Sharon Pavey, who represented the town council, which is supporting the project, was very pleased with the outcome.
She said: “Thank you to everyone who took the time to come along to discuss what we can do as a community to address climate change and diminishing resources.
You may also want to watch:
“We now have over 20 supporters and a core group of seven to start work behind the scenes before our first public event or project.”
- 1 Leanne's charity pledge to spread the word on vision awareness
- 2 Hot pennies team plan bumper event to mark charter anniversary
- 3 Farm opens gardens and wildflower meadows to support good causes
- 4 Streetwise author launches second edition of historical A to Z
- 5 Scouts welcome Ernie
- 6 Escot provides 'forever' home for rescued bear cubs
- 7 Couple support hospital that cared for tragic grandson
- 8 Mentoring helps to encourage development and leadership
- 9 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 10 New silverware up for grabs as flower and produce fair returns