Transition town is born
Honiton joins the transition town movement.
Honiton is moving forward as a Transition Town following a successful public meeting.
More than 20 people attended the event, at Montgomery’s last Wednesday, to discuss the possibility of the town following other areas, like Sidmouth, Exmouth and Ottery St Mary, in joining the transition town movement.
Councillor Sharon Pavey, who represented the town council, which is supporting the project, was very pleased with the outcome.
She said: “Thank you to everyone who took the time to come along to discuss what we can do as a community to address climate change and diminishing resources.
You may also want to watch:
“We now have over 20 supporters and a core group of seven to start work behind the scenes before our first public event or project.”
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 3 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 4 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 5 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 6 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 7 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 8 Council lobbies Government on behalf of young people
- 9 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 10 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track