Treading the halls of Westminster
Honiton Community College students given a guided tour of Parliament.
Young people from Honiton were able to tread the famous halls of Westminster and share their views with local Members of Parliament.
The sixth form politics and history students from Honiton Community travelled to London for a special guided tour of the House of Parliament.
They were also given the opportunity to meet Honiton and Tiverton MP Neil Parish and ask him questions on local and political issues.
The students then met Exeter MP Ben Bradshaw, who was given a grilling on subjects like the direction of the Labour Party.
You may also want to watch:
Six students were then invited to the House of Commons chamber where they listened to a statement made by the Home Secretary Teresa May.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 3 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 4 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 5 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 6 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 7 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 8 Council lobbies Government on behalf of young people
- 9 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track
- 10 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK