Trend-bucking Axminster firm’s �1.5million expansion
‘It’s not all doom and gloom out there’ says managing director
BOOMING Axminster Power Tool Centre has officially unveiled its new �1.5million extension.
The latest phase in the development of its site at Millwey industrial estate adds another 9,000 sq feet of office accommodation and 5,000 sq feet of warehouse space.
A further 9,000 sq ft office development will be built there later in the year to be leased out.
Guests at the opening of the new facilities included representatives of the local business, education and media communities.
A ribbon was cut by Ron Styles - one of the original partners in the business which was formed in 1972 - and afterwards guests were given a guided tour.
In recent years the company has invested heavily in new, innovative and enhanced warehouse facilities and technology. It has upgraded its call centre and relocated the Axminster Skill Centre, which runs a range of engineering and woodworking courses.
- 1 Gittsham motorist 'so drunk he had to be carried out of car'
- 2 Towns join forces to promote green tourism
- 3 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 4 Simon Jupp calls for Prime Minister's resignation
- 5 Woman seriously injured after motorway bridge fall
- 6 Axminster vehicle extravaganza hailed 'great day out'
- 7 Stark warning on spending from Devon finance chief
- 8 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
- 9 Serious accident closes A35 in both directions
- 10 Motorcyclist dies after crash on A35 near Axminster
In addition to its warehousing facilities, distribution operation and office accommodation at Millwey, Axminster Tool Centre now has five retail outlets located in Axminster, Sittingbourne, High Wycombe, Nuneaton and Warrington.
Managing Director, Ian Styles said: “We think these developments are proof that it’s not all doom and gloom out there. The company and its directors are making a substantial investment not only to secure jobs for the future, but also to encourage new commercial enterprise to take advantage of high end accommodation on Millwey Industrial Estate.”