‘The closest you are ever going to get to the real T. Rex’
- Credit: Archant
A T. Rex tribute band endorsed and approved by Marc Bolan’s family will play at Lyme Regis Marine Theatre on Friday, August 9.
Marc Bolan, with his band T. Rex, was one of the most flamboyant and charismatic stars of the original glam rock era.
They had a string of huge hits throughout the 1970s including Love to Boogie, Telegram Sam, Jeepster and 20th Century Boy.
T.Rextasy have now been performing around the world for more than 20 years. They are now accepted as the world's only official live tribute band dedicated to Marc Bolan and T. Rex. They have been endorsed by the singer's family, estate, original ex-members of T. Rex, and Bolan's catalogue management.
The original T. Rex drummer, Bill Legend, described them as 'the closest you are ever going to get to the real thing'.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £23.50 in advance or £27 on the door, with a 10 per cent discount for members. Doors and bar open at 7pm, show starts at 8pm.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery