Tribute to Honiton taxi driver
FRIENDS and colleagues of a former Honiton taxi driver paid tribute to him at the weekend – by staging a fund-raising slot racing event.
FRIENDS and colleagues of a former Honiton taxi driver paid tribute to him at the weekend - by staging a fund-raising slot racing event.
Dave Picknell, who worked for Sparky's taxi firm, died last April.
He was a slot racing enthusiast and a former committee member of Honiton St John Ambulance.
So, it was fitting that the event was staged in the St John Hall.
You may also want to watch:
Participants travelled from as far afield as London and Wales to pay tribute to Mr Picknell.
Organisers reported on Monday that the event raised �150 for good causes.
- 1 Seaton Cricket club ‘bowled over’ by gesture from local housebuilder
- 2 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 3 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 4 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis
- 5 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 6 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 7 Hot form in the heat at Axe Cliff
- 8 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 9 County council leader re-elected as voice for South West
- 10 Creative thinking will connect artists across East Devon
Trophies were donated by Sparky's and donations will be split between two charities, chosen by Mr Picknell's widow, Christine, and son Nick?- Devon Air Ambulance Trust and Honiton St John Ambulance.