Tribute to Honiton taxi driver
FRIENDS and colleagues of a former Honiton taxi driver paid tribute to him at the weekend – by staging a fund-raising slot racing event.
FRIENDS and colleagues of a former Honiton taxi driver paid tribute to him at the weekend - by staging a fund-raising slot racing event.
Dave Picknell, who worked for Sparky's taxi firm, died last April.
He was a slot racing enthusiast and a former committee member of Honiton St John Ambulance.
So, it was fitting that the event was staged in the St John Hall.
You may also want to watch:
Participants travelled from as far afield as London and Wales to pay tribute to Mr Picknell.
Organisers reported on Monday that the event raised �150 for good causes.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 3 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 4 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 5 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 6 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 7 Horror shows and light entertainment for Halloween viewing
- 8 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
Trophies were donated by Sparky's and donations will be split between two charities, chosen by Mr Picknell's widow, Christine, and son Nick?- Devon Air Ambulance Trust and Honiton St John Ambulance.