Tribute to Honiton taxi driver
FRIENDS and colleagues of a former Honiton taxi driver paid tribute to him at the weekend – by staging a fund-raising slot racing event.
FRIENDS and colleagues of a former Honiton taxi driver paid tribute to him at the weekend - by staging a fund-raising slot racing event.
Dave Picknell, who worked for Sparky's taxi firm, died last April.
He was a slot racing enthusiast and a former committee member of Honiton St John Ambulance.
So, it was fitting that the event was staged in the St John Hall.
You may also want to watch:
Participants travelled from as far afield as London and Wales to pay tribute to Mr Picknell.
Organisers reported on Monday that the event raised �150 for good causes.
- 1 Millwey Rise 2 Pinhoe 0
- 2 Talks to find future for historic farmhouse ravaged by fire
- 3 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 4 Jack's back with a fresh emphasis on community
- 5 Property of the Week: The Grove, Colyton
- 6 Honiton Stingrays looking for new swimmers
- 7 Flitch Success for the Armstrong family
- 8 Tourist attraction scoops prestigious award for 'tramathon' live event
- 9 Independent family store embraces future with retailing first
- 10 The importance of renewable energy
Trophies were donated by Sparky's and donations will be split between two charities, chosen by Mr Picknell's widow, Christine, and son Nick?- Devon Air Ambulance Trust and Honiton St John Ambulance.