Tributes paid to Honiton's retiring market co-ordinator
TRIBUTES were paid to the retiring market co-ordinator Terry Farebrother, at Honiton Town Council. Mr Farebrother will be retiring at the end of the month, having been in the role for many years.
TRIBUTES were paid to the retiring market co-ordinator Terry Farebrother, at Honiton Town Council.
Mr Farebrother will be retiring at the end of the month, having been in the role for many years.
Councillors were discussing how they should recognise his service to the market, when he does step down.
Councillor Sally Casson said: "Terry has been brilliant with the market over the years. "He has often worked over and above his job and the market traders hold him in very high regard.
You may also want to watch:
"He is retiring at the end of August and it would be nice to do a presentation to him, at a council meeting."
Although a watch was suggested as a traditional retirement gift, others felt that a plaque would be more appropriate.
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 3 Big-hearted trio smash fundraising target for animal sanctuary
- 4 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 5 Monday means a big step forward on road to economic recovery
- 6 School old boy went above and beyond call of duty to honour ware heroes
- 7 Have your say on future development of village
- 8 Firefighters ask farmers to be on guard after spate of blazes
- 9 Sisters urge supporters to keep giving as mum battles to beat cancer
- 10 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
Councillor Vernon Whitlock said: "We could give him a plaque with the town crest on it, which is not something we give away lightly."
Councillors agreed to invite Mr Farebrother to the next meeting to make the presentation.