Trio take a dive for charity
- Credit: Archant
Co-operative staff in Honiton do their bit to boost funds for Devon Air Ambulance Trust.
A skydiving trio from Honiton braved a 15,000 feet drop to raise more than £1,400 for the Devon Air Ambulance Trust.
Zoe Goodwin, Sharon and Stacey Quin, who work at the Co-operative Store in Lace Walk, took part in a tandem skydive last month at Dunkeswell Airfield.
Last week, Zoe and Stacey handed over a cheque to representatives from the charity.
“We are really pleased with the amount we raised and the support we have had,” says Zoe. “We want to say a massive thank you to all the staff and customers and our family and friends for their donations.”
You may also want to watch:
This was Zoe’s third tandem skydive but it was a totally new experience for Sharon and Stacey.
Sharon added: “It was awesome - I wanted to do it again. I am glad I’ve done it.”
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
Devon Air Ambulance Trust is The Co-operative’s chosen charity of the year.