TRIP fundraising for new £29,000 minibus
- Credit: Archant
The organisation has found a replacement for its outgoing vehicle, and has raised £5,000 towards the vehicle.
Honiton-based community transport charity TRIP is fundraising for a new minibus - and needs to reach £29,000 to buy the wheelchair accessible vehicle.
The organisation has found a replacement for its outgoing vehicle, and has raised £5,000 towards it.
Steve Brownridge, volunteer driver for TRIP, said: “A couple of our buses are really old and worse for wear - they need replacing.
“This will be for the benefit of our customers, who deserve the best comfort we can afford.”
You may also want to watch:
Neil Hurlock, office manager for TRIP, is calling for support from residents as they rally to buy the new mobility vehicle.
He said: “The minibus which needs replacing has more than 100,000 miles on the clock and we need to start looking at replacing it before we start getting large bills for it. We are looking at grant-giving bodies, but any other donations will really help our fundraising.”
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 6 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 7 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 8 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
Those wanting to donate should visit the office or call 01404 46529.
The Herald has chosen TRIP as its supported charity at this year’s Honiton Show, which is taking place on Thursday, August 6.
Herald content editor Andrew Coley said: “We will be selling goodie bags and donating some of the money from this to TRIP. This is a good local charity which is trying to raise a substantial sum for a new minibus. We will be delighted to make a donation to the cause.”