TRIP steps it up a gear
New bus gets the thumbs up from passengers.
Honiton-based TRIP Community Transport Association and its passengers have welcomed the arrival of a new ring and ride bus after four years of fund-raising.
The navy blue bus, which seats 15 people, was put through its paces during its maiden journey to Falmouth in Cornwall, as part of TRIP’s weekend tours.
TRIP manager Neil Hurlock said its newest addition, which will join its existing fleet of vehicles, was well received by the passengers.
He said: “It is a valuable community resource for Honiton.
“It is more comfortable and means we can provide a better service and are better able to cope with the growing demand.”
Fund-raisers had to raise �53,000 for the new bus, which boasts more comfortable customised seating, designed to support passengers backs and heads, extra room for wheelchairs and mobility aids, and a extra wide tail lift.
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
- 3 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 4 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 5 Seaton's 'Hub Elves' replace loneliness with Christmas cheer
- 6 'Fantastic' news on Honiton loos: King Street toilets to stay open
- 7 Green team monitor water quality levels after pollution fears
- 8 Internal bowls battle in national competition
- 9 Where to see Santa in the Seaton area this Christmas
- 10 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
Neil added: “It will make things easier for TRIP because if we are having issues and another bus breaks down it means we have an extra vehicle to help us.
“We can also expand the range of things we offer and expand even further to give passengers more choice.”
TRIP is currently looking for sponsorship for the new bus to assist with its running. Anyone interested is urged to call Neil on 01404 46529.
This month the charity will be running trips to Tiverton on March 22 and an outing to Dawlish and Teignmouth on March 29.
The pub lunch and scenic tours are a popular new addition to the services provided by TRIP and have been growing in popularity. The next one will be held on Sunday, March 25. A full list of services on offer are available by contacting TRIP’s office in New Street.