Care home residents enjoy ice cream visit
- Credit: Archant
Ice creams were the order of the day for residents of Tudor Cottage Care Home in Axminster.
Residents enjoyed a taste of the summer as ice cream treats were delivered to an Axminster care home.
The guests of Tudor Cottage Care Home in Axminster were treated to an ice cream in the sun as Devon Ices made a special trip.
The idea came from manager Mandy Larcombe who saw an advertisement for Devon Ices on the Axminster Notice Board. She contacted them to arrange for them to deliver some treats to the care home for the residents
The ice cream suppliers arrived at the care home so residents and staff could go out and choose their favourite in what was the first time since lockdown began in March that residents have been outside.
You may also want to watch:
Mandy said the residents had told her how much they enjoyed the ice cream and she said it was nice to see their smiling faces.
The home is currently closed to visitors as a result of the Covid-19 restrictions, but has been encouraging ongoing communication.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 4 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 8 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 9 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
- 10 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair