Tumble dryer fire in Axminster

Fire crews from Colyton and Lyme Regis respond to reports of a fire caused by a faulty tumble dryer in Axminster.

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a tumble dryer fire in Axminster after reports of smoke coming from a utility room.

The incident occurred today (May 13) at 2.42pm at a property in Loretto Road and fire appliances from Colyton and Lyme Regis were sent to deal with a small fire caused by a faulty tumble dryer.

The content of the dryer was completely damaged and firefighters used one hose reel jet and two breathing apparatus sets to extinguish the fire.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter