Turn Honiton Pink organisers bowled over by support
Photos by Vernon Whitlock
TURN Honiton Pink was a resounding success.
That’s the verdict of Honiton and District Chamber of Commerce and Industry, which co-ordinated the event on behalf of Cancer Research UK.
“We were bowled over by the generosity, time, enthusiasm and effort that shops, businesses, organisations, charities and the community put in to Honiton Pink,” said the chamber’s secretary, Margaret Lewis.
Almost �1,000 has been collected for Cancer Research UK, so far.
You may also want to watch:
Honiton Working Men’s Club alone raised �700 and the final figure is expected to exceed everybody’s expectations. Donations are being collected next week.
Mrs Lewis added: “Honiton people can and do make a difference.”
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Motorists urged: park sensibly, don't drive Devon residents mad
- 4 Hill climbs to the top on Captain’s Day
- 5 Lions help enthusiastic work skills group
- 6 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 7 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 8 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 9 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis
- 10 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
l Turn to pages 14 & 15 for pictures.