Turn Honiton Pink organisers bowled over by support
Photos by Vernon Whitlock
TURN Honiton Pink was a resounding success.
That’s the verdict of Honiton and District Chamber of Commerce and Industry, which co-ordinated the event on behalf of Cancer Research UK.
“We were bowled over by the generosity, time, enthusiasm and effort that shops, businesses, organisations, charities and the community put in to Honiton Pink,” said the chamber’s secretary, Margaret Lewis.
Almost �1,000 has been collected for Cancer Research UK, so far.
Honiton Working Men’s Club alone raised �700 and the final figure is expected to exceed everybody’s expectations. Donations are being collected next week.
Mrs Lewis added: “Honiton people can and do make a difference.”
- 1 Man from Seaton dies after crash on Friday
- 2 Jack's legacy helps fund vital brain tumour research
- 3 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 4 Special tree tribute to lost loved ones launched
- 5 No choice but to charge entry for public toilets
- 6 Property of the Week: Dolphin Street, Colyton
- 7 Beer beat Bucks to reach the last eight
- 8 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 9 Beer's three days of Christmas
- 10 Rising cost to council of boosting salaries to match market rate
l Turn to pages 14 & 15 for pictures.