Turn Honiton Pink organisers bowled over by support
Photos by Vernon Whitlock
TURN Honiton Pink was a resounding success.
That’s the verdict of Honiton and District Chamber of Commerce and Industry, which co-ordinated the event on behalf of Cancer Research UK.
“We were bowled over by the generosity, time, enthusiasm and effort that shops, businesses, organisations, charities and the community put in to Honiton Pink,” said the chamber’s secretary, Margaret Lewis.
Almost �1,000 has been collected for Cancer Research UK, so far.
Honiton Working Men’s Club alone raised �700 and the final figure is expected to exceed everybody’s expectations. Donations are being collected next week.
Mrs Lewis added: “Honiton people can and do make a difference.”
- 1 Motorcyclist dies after crash on A35 near Axminster
- 2 'Graffiti vandals' target Honiton skate park
- 3 Plan for 18-METRE 5G mast in Honiton submitted
- 4 Drivers advised to plan journeys as A35 landslip work begins
- 5 Serious accident closes A35 in both directions
- 6 Taxidermy alligator set to go under the hammer in Honiton
- 7 Neighbourhood plan launched for Broadclyst
- 8 Former Seaton bank to become shop
- 9 Devon's newest MP raises issue of rural fuel duty in parliament
- 10 Colyton Grammar team wins a national engineering competition
l Turn to pages 14 & 15 for pictures.