Tweed, tea and a taste of the country for Hospiscare’s Jolly Good Jaunt
- Credit: Archant
Few things are more quintessentially English than a warm cup of tea, a good hot meal and a good natured, sociable walk in the world-renowned beauty of the autumnal Devon countryside.
And, happily, all these attractive ingredients form part of the annual Jolly Good Jaunt 7.5-mile sponsored walk, which begins at Deer Park, Honiton, later this year, on Sunday October 23.
A fair amount of tweed is also often involved.
To mark the official launch of the event, Mike Arscott, the manager of Deer Park Country House Hotel, arrived in a vintage Rolls Royce at Kings House Day Hospice in Honiton on the afternoon of Thursday, June 23, to personally deliver afternoon tea to the patients.
Mike said: “We at the Deer Park are so happy to help Hospiscare however we can and we feel honoured to be able to provide the venue for the Jolly Good Jaunt, which supports Kings House, our local day hospice situated here in Honiton.”
You may also want to watch:
Duncan Sheridan-Shaw, from Tesco Honiton, also popped by to show his support.
He and his team from Tesco also love becoming immersed in all things jaunty.
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
“It is true lots of people like to dress up in tweed on the jaunt itself!” Charlotte Knipe, Hospiscare fundraiser explained: “The Jolly Good Jaunt is certainly a fun day out for all.
“A hot drink and a hog roast awaits everyone on their return to Deer Park Country House Hotel.”
The funds raised from the Jolly Good Jaunt are essential towards helping Kings House to continue their vital services.
These services include complementary therapy, bereavement support, Care Navigators, drivers and a fundraising support group.
Enter the Jolly Good Jaunt today for our Early Bird rate!
Just £10 per adult and £5 per child until Sunday, August 21.
After this, entry will be £15 per adult and £10 per child.
For full details, visit www.hopspiscare.co.uk or call 01392 688020.
Hospiscare would like to thank the Deer Park for hosting the Jolly Good Jaunt and media partners Archant and the Midweek Herald for their support.
Hospiscare is a local charity, providing free, high-quality care and support to people with a progressive life-limiting illness and those close to them, in Exeter, East and Mid Devon.