Two charged after Honiton flat fire
Man and teenage girl due to appear in court accused of recklessly endangering life
TWO people were due to appear in court today (Monday) charged in connection with a fire at a second floor flat in Whitebridges, Honiton.
The blaze happened at around 3.15am on Saturday.
Two people, a man and woman, were removed from the property by the fire service and were taken to the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital to be treated for the effects of smoke inhalation. A large dog was also rescued.
Police and fire investigators attended and a 17-year-old girl and a 40-year-old man, both from Honiton, were arrested at the scene and later charged with arson with intent to endanger life and arson recklessly endangering life.
You may also want to watch:
They were both due to appear before Exeter Magistrates Court today.
- 1 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 2 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 3 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 4 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 5 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 6 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Local Football Results
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon