Two confirmed dead at scene of A303 crash
Road has reopened following investigation and police would like to thank motorists for their patience.
Two people from one of two vehicles involved in a serious collision on the A303 today were confirmed dead at the scene, police have said.
Emergency services have been at the scene for most of the day following reports of a crash at around 8.30am.
There were two people in the second vehicle - one is in Frenchay Hospital, Bristol, with serious injuries and the other sustained a minor injury, Avon and Somerset Constabulary reports.
The collision happened on the Ilminster bypass and both sections of the carriageway were closed for several hours between junctions with the A358 and A356, with diversions re-routing vehicles along the old A303.
You may also want to watch:
The road was re-opened just over an hour ago and police wish to thank motorists for their patience while inquiries were conducted at the scene.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone