Two confirmed dead at scene of A303 crash
Road has reopened following investigation and police would like to thank motorists for their patience.
Two people from one of two vehicles involved in a serious collision on the A303 today were confirmed dead at the scene, police have said.
Emergency services have been at the scene for most of the day following reports of a crash at around 8.30am.
There were two people in the second vehicle - one is in Frenchay Hospital, Bristol, with serious injuries and the other sustained a minor injury, Avon and Somerset Constabulary reports.
The collision happened on the Ilminster bypass and both sections of the carriageway were closed for several hours between junctions with the A358 and A356, with diversions re-routing vehicles along the old A303.
You may also want to watch:
The road was re-opened just over an hour ago and police wish to thank motorists for their patience while inquiries were conducted at the scene.
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 Increase in hate crime across Devon and Cornwall
- 3 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 6 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 7 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 8 Honiton runners in the Studland Stampede
- 9 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 10 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event