Two Devon tourism awards for owners of Beer holiday cottages
- Credit: Archant
A husband and wife team from Beer have scooped two prestigious gongs at the Devon Tourism Awards.
Helen and Barry Follett, who run holiday cottages in the village, scooped bronze in the Self Catering Property of the Year award and Helen won gold in a special award of Customer Service Superstar, which was announced on the night of the awards.
The judges were impressed by their free dog sitting service and the addition of complimentary use of the couples beach hut.
Helen said: “We are delighted to have won the Bronze award for Devon’s Self Catering Property of the Year. It’s particularly pleasing considering we’ve only been in business for three and a half years.
“Winning gold for customer service was amazing - to win an award which is all about how you treat people is the icing on the cake.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re so lucky to live and work in beautiful Beer and East Devon.”
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Government scraps house building quota in East Devon