Two hurt in fire at Axminster

PUBLISHED: 11:43 09 November 2015 | UPDATED: 11:52 09 November 2015

Axminster fire engine

Axminster fire engine

Archant

Victims suffer burns after a blaze involving a gas canister

Two people were taken to hospital after suffering burns at Axminster on Saturday night (November)

Local firefighters along with crews from Colyton and Seaton were called to a house in Loretto Road at around 10pm.

They confirmed there had been a fire involving a gas canister which was out on arrival.

Two casualties suffered burns and were removed from the building prior to the arrival of the fire service.

First aid was rendered and the casualties transferred to hospital via land ambulance. The cause of the fire was accidental.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Midweek Herald