Two more Honiton town councillors resign
- Credit: Archant
One fifth of the council has resigned in the last 48 hours.
Honiton Town Council has been dealt a double blow after two more councillors quit the authority.
Former mayor Peter Halse and Luke Harvey-Ingram tendered their resignation today, meaning one fifth of the council has quit in the last 48 hours.
Yesterday evening, the council was rocked after new mayor Ashley Delasalle attacked the authority before dramatically resigning on the spot and leaving the meeting.
Her exit was followed by David Perkins quitting as a member, the council-appointed director of Honiton Community Complex Ltd and temporary responsible financial officer.
You may also want to watch:
His resigned after councillors voted to remove him from a committee investigating the finances around the Beehive build.
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 Hourly weekday services resume on East Devon rail link
- 3 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 4 Roadmap out of pandemic cheers Charter Day organisers
- 5 Firefighters ask farmers to be on guard after spate of blazes
- 6 End of online meetings leaves councils with a dilemma
- 7 Have your say on future development of village
- 8 Good to see the Chiefs' stars get their Lions' share for coveted tour
- 9 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 10 Mark thanks Scouts for helping in the battle to beat polio