Two more Honiton town councillors resign
- Credit: Archant
One fifth of the council has resigned in the last 48 hours.
Honiton Town Council has been dealt a double blow after two more councillors quit the authority.
Former mayor Peter Halse and Luke Harvey-Ingram tendered their resignation today, meaning one fifth of the council has quit in the last 48 hours.
Yesterday evening, the council was rocked after new mayor Ashley Delasalle attacked the authority before dramatically resigning on the spot and leaving the meeting.
Her exit was followed by David Perkins quitting as a member, the council-appointed director of Honiton Community Complex Ltd and temporary responsible financial officer.
You may also want to watch:
His resigned after councillors voted to remove him from a committee investigating the finances around the Beehive build.
- 1 MISSING: Police search for Roy Hart from Honiton
- 2 Latest planning applications in East Devon
- 3 Candidates revealed in race for district council seats
- 4 Village pub landlord helps feed vulnerable members of community
- 5 We won't be truly safe until we have a global vaccine programme
- 6 Major accolade for driving school
- 7 The joy of gving something back
- 8 4 common roofing problems and how you can fix them
- 9 Phillips wins the bogey comp at Honiton Golf Club
- 10 Village celebration will ring out around world