Two taken to hospital after fire

PUBLISHED: 16:21 27 June 2013 | UPDATED: 16:21 27 June 2013

Archant

Fire crews called to kitchen blaze at Axminster

TWO people were taken to hospital as precautionary measure after a fire at Axminster this afternoon (Thursday, June 27).

Firelighters from Axminster, Colyton and Charmouth were called to the blaze at a property in Membury Road, at around 1.30pm

The fire, which was out on arrival, involved wiring from a small electrical appliance which had come into contact with a hot cooker top.

Two occupants, one of which had been escorted from the property by fire crews, were conveyed to hospital by ambulance as a precautionary measure only.

The cause was accidental.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Midweek Herald