Two taken to hospital after fire
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews called to kitchen blaze at Axminster
TWO people were taken to hospital as precautionary measure after a fire at Axminster this afternoon (Thursday, June 27).
Firelighters from Axminster, Colyton and Charmouth were called to the blaze at a property in Membury Road, at around 1.30pm
The fire, which was out on arrival, involved wiring from a small electrical appliance which had come into contact with a hot cooker top.
Two occupants, one of which had been escorted from the property by fire crews, were conveyed to hospital by ambulance as a precautionary measure only.
You may also want to watch:
The cause was accidental.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 8 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 9 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 10 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts