Tytherleigh pub left smoke-logged after fire

PUBLISHED: 11:56 05 February 2013 | UPDATED: 11:56 05 February 2013

Axminster fire station

Axminster fire station


Crews from three towns called to fight blaze in an electricity box on an outside wall

Firefighters were called to a pub at Tytherleigh, near Axminster, in the early hours of today (Tuesday) to tackle a blaze in an electricity box on an outside wall.

Crews from Axminster, Chard and Colyton were sent to the incident at around 1.30am.

The fire was successfully extinguished using two sets of breathing apparatus and two dry powder extinguishers.

The inside of the building was smoke logged so the crews naturally ventilated. The cause of the fire was accidental.

Western Power were requested to attend to isolate the power to the building.

If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Midweek Herald