UPDATE: A30 crash
Fire crews from Honiton assist at the scene to release trapped accident victims.
In a statement, Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service has said it received reports of a collision on the A30 near Monkton at 9.26am.
Persons were reported to be trapped in vehicles.
Two fire appliances were sent from Honiton to the scene, at the turning to Rawridge and Upottery.
The road is expected to re-open shortly, but traffic is currently heavy along the A35 where diverted vehicles have been sent.
You may also want to watch:
Return to this website shortly for a further update.
- 1 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 2 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 3 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 4 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 5 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 6 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 7 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 8 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 9 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon