UPDATE: A30 crash
Fire crews from Honiton assist at the scene to release trapped accident victims.
In a statement, Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service has said it received reports of a collision on the A30 near Monkton at 9.26am.
Persons were reported to be trapped in vehicles.
Two fire appliances were sent from Honiton to the scene, at the turning to Rawridge and Upottery.
The road is expected to re-open shortly, but traffic is currently heavy along the A35 where diverted vehicles have been sent.
You may also want to watch:
Return to this website shortly for a further update.
- 1 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 2 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future
- 3 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 4 Children get a taste of life in a forest school - and enjoy the benefits
- 5 Ian Chubb retains Whimple and Blackdown seat
- 6 Colyton submits its Neighbourhood Plan to district planners
- 7 Wiscombe Park hosts a fabulous return to motorsport
- 8 Ian Hall retains Devon County Council seat
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 We're wild about open spaces but beware, others are not