UPDATE: A30 crash - police appeal
Road remains closed after serious collision involving three vehicles.
THE A30 at Monkton remains closed following a serious collision this morning (Wednesday).
The three vehicles involved in the collision were a black Renault Clio, a blue Vauxhall Astra and a Mercedes light goods vehicle, a police statement reveals.
A police spokesman said: “Officers would like to speak to any drivers who were travelling towards Exeter (in the same direction as the Clio) and who may have witnessed anyhting as several cars drove through the scene and carried on with their journeys.
“The road at the scene, near to the Rawridge and Upottery turning, remains closed at this time and is likely to be closed for some time.
You may also want to watch:
“The incident is causing significant tailbacks and motorists are advised to avoid the area for the time being.”
Any witnesses to the collision are asked to contact police on 08452 777444 quoting log 219 of 25 August.
- 1 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 2 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis
- 3 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 4 Seaton Cricket club ‘bowled over’ by gesture from local housebuilder
- 5 Creative thinking will connect artists across East Devon
- 6 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 7 County council leader re-elected as voice for South West
- 8 UPDATE: Man dies after 'serious accident' on A30
- 9 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 10 Hundreds of sites are earmarked for new development