UPDATE: A30 crash - police appeal
Road remains closed after serious collision involving three vehicles.
THE A30 at Monkton remains closed following a serious collision this morning (Wednesday).
The three vehicles involved in the collision were a black Renault Clio, a blue Vauxhall Astra and a Mercedes light goods vehicle, a police statement reveals.
A police spokesman said: “Officers would like to speak to any drivers who were travelling towards Exeter (in the same direction as the Clio) and who may have witnessed anyhting as several cars drove through the scene and carried on with their journeys.
“The road at the scene, near to the Rawridge and Upottery turning, remains closed at this time and is likely to be closed for some time.
You may also want to watch:
“The incident is causing significant tailbacks and motorists are advised to avoid the area for the time being.”
Any witnesses to the collision are asked to contact police on 08452 777444 quoting log 219 of 25 August.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 3 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 4 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 5 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 6 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 7 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 8 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 9 Rail users can enjoy 'moor' views as Dartmoor Line reopens after 50 years
- 10 Honiton bowlers move indoors with success