UPDATE: Armed incident, Honiton
House-to-house inquiries under way. Police statement expected later.
HONITON residents have expressed disbelief after armed intruders confronted a family in their home.
The incident happened in the Rosemount Lane area at around 7pm last night (Sunday).
A man and a woman at the address were taken to hospital suffering from shock and minor injuries.
House-to-house inquiries are currently under way and there is a noticeable police presence at the location of the incident.
You may also want to watch:
A police statement is expected later.
Nearby residents contacted the Midweek Herald as the drama unfolded last night.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 3 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 6 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 7 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 8 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 9 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 10 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public
Since then readers have expressed their concerns for the family involved, describing them as “salts of the earth”, and saying they wish them all the best.
One woman is so concerned after hearing about the crime, she is thinking of moving away from Honiton.
Anna, 31, said: “This is disgusting.
“I hope whoever they are (the offenders) get caught.
“I have lived in Honiton all my life and this used to be unheard of.
“I have two young children who I no longer wish to bring up in the town. I hope the victims make a speedy recovery.”
If you know who committed this crime, call Honiton CID on 08452 777444.
Updates to follow. Revisit this website shortly.