UPDATE: Armed raid investigators seek information about man seen running
Man could be vital witness. Is it you?
DETECTIVES investigating an armed raid at a house in Honiton are keen to hear from anyone who may have seen a man running in the Rosemount Lane area at around 7pm last Sunday.
The man could be a potential witness and police want to identify him.
Did you see the man or do you know who he is? Are you the runner?
“Officers are treating this man as a potential witness and it is not clear if he was out jogging at the time seen,” said a police spokesman.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said there is no description of the man, other than he was seen running in the vicinity of the crime scene at around the time the raid took place.
Gary Taylor sustained minor knife wounds and his mother, Jenny, was hospitalised suffering from severe shock after two masked men entered their home in Rowcroft Close.
- 1 Millwey Rise 2 Pinhoe 0
- 2 Hollie's happy to be in the Little Shop of vouchers
- 3 Caroline and Steve Bond win Covid Cup at Axe Cliff
- 4 Flitch Success for the Armstrong family
- 5 Author's school visit takes the biscuit
- 6 Property of the Week: The Grove, Colyton
- 7 Honiton carers' group meets again
- 8 When former emperor Napolean came to Devon
- 9 Tourist attraction scoops prestigious award for 'tramathon' live event
- 10 Honiton Stingrays looking for new swimmers
The raiders, who were armed with handguns and a knife, fled the scene when Gary defended his parents.
A motive for the aggravated burglary is unclear, say detectives.
If you can help police identify the runner, call 08452 777444.