UPDATE: Armed raid investigators seek information about man seen running
Man could be vital witness. Is it you?
DETECTIVES investigating an armed raid at a house in Honiton are keen to hear from anyone who may have seen a man running in the Rosemount Lane area at around 7pm last Sunday.
The man could be a potential witness and police want to identify him.
Did you see the man or do you know who he is? Are you the runner?
“Officers are treating this man as a potential witness and it is not clear if he was out jogging at the time seen,” said a police spokesman.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said there is no description of the man, other than he was seen running in the vicinity of the crime scene at around the time the raid took place.
Gary Taylor sustained minor knife wounds and his mother, Jenny, was hospitalised suffering from severe shock after two masked men entered their home in Rowcroft Close.
- 1 Seaton Cricket club ‘bowled over’ by gesture from local housebuilder
- 2 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 3 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 4 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis
- 5 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 6 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 7 Hot form in the heat at Axe Cliff
- 8 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 9 800th anniversary makes town's celebrated event a hot topic this year
- 10 County council leader re-elected as voice for South West
The raiders, who were armed with handguns and a knife, fled the scene when Gary defended his parents.
A motive for the aggravated burglary is unclear, say detectives.
If you can help police identify the runner, call 08452 777444.