UPDATE: Armed raid investigators seek information about man seen running
Man could be vital witness. Is it you?
DETECTIVES investigating an armed raid at a house in Honiton are keen to hear from anyone who may have seen a man running in the Rosemount Lane area at around 7pm last Sunday.
The man could be a potential witness and police want to identify him.
Did you see the man or do you know who he is? Are you the runner?
“Officers are treating this man as a potential witness and it is not clear if he was out jogging at the time seen,” said a police spokesman.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said there is no description of the man, other than he was seen running in the vicinity of the crime scene at around the time the raid took place.
Gary Taylor sustained minor knife wounds and his mother, Jenny, was hospitalised suffering from severe shock after two masked men entered their home in Rowcroft Close.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
The raiders, who were armed with handguns and a knife, fled the scene when Gary defended his parents.
A motive for the aggravated burglary is unclear, say detectives.
If you can help police identify the runner, call 08452 777444.