UPDATE: Body found in sea off Lyme Regis
- Credit: Archant
Massive land, sea and air search for 41-year-old missing Wiltshire man ends after body found on rocks
The crew of the Lyme Regis RNLI lifeboat have this morning recovered a man’s body from rocks at Seven Rock Point to the west of Monmouth Beach.
Yesterday (Wednesday) a major search operation was launched along the West Dorset and East Devon coastline for a missing 41-year-old man.
Emergency services were scrambled at around 11.30am after the man’s car was found abandoned in the Lyme Regis area.
Coastguard rescue officers from Lyme Regis and Beer, Lyme Regis RNLI Inshore Lifeboat and the Portland Coastguard Rescue Helicopter 106 searched the coastal areas around Lyme Regis as part of the police search the man, from Wiltshire.
You may also want to watch:
The area was searched thoroughly, but nothing found at the time.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 6 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020