UPDATE: Burglars leave trail of devastation
Anybody with information about Lace Walk burglaries urged to contact police in Honiton.
THIS is the scene in Lace Walk, Honiton, following overnight burglaries at two shops.
Goods have been stolen from The Co-operative supermarket and barber’s shop Tom, Dick and Harry, including distinctive GHD hair straighteners, along with cash and charity tins for Help for Heroes and Cancer Research UK.
Police are appealing for information about the whereabouts of the missing items and are urging anybody who can help their investigation to call Honiton Police Station on 08452 777444. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
Police would also like to hear from anybody who may have seen or heard something suspicious in the vicinity of Lace Walk during the night.
You may also want to watch:
Burglars used slabs taken from the back step of a skittle alley at the Three Tuns in Honiton to smash their way into the shops.
Doors at the Co-op are boarded up and a notice is advising customers that the supermarket is closed due to “unforeseen circumstances”.
- 1 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 2 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 3 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 4 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 5 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 6 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Local Football Results
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
A scenes of crime investigator is currently in Lace Walk and PCSO Barry Redford has been reassuring neighbouring shopkeepers and local residents.
Further updates are to follow.