UPDATE: Burglars leave trail of devastation
Anybody with information about Lace Walk burglaries urged to contact police in Honiton.
THIS is the scene in Lace Walk, Honiton, following overnight burglaries at two shops.
Goods have been stolen from The Co-operative supermarket and barber’s shop Tom, Dick and Harry, including distinctive GHD hair straighteners, along with cash and charity tins for Help for Heroes and Cancer Research UK.
Police are appealing for information about the whereabouts of the missing items and are urging anybody who can help their investigation to call Honiton Police Station on 08452 777444. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
Police would also like to hear from anybody who may have seen or heard something suspicious in the vicinity of Lace Walk during the night.
You may also want to watch:
Burglars used slabs taken from the back step of a skittle alley at the Three Tuns in Honiton to smash their way into the shops.
Doors at the Co-op are boarded up and a notice is advising customers that the supermarket is closed due to “unforeseen circumstances”.
- 1 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 2 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 3 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 4 Gallery applauded for resilience and creativity during 'very tough times'
- 5 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 6 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 7 Rugby star Ben Moon’s Testimonial year begins
- 8 800th anniversary makes town's celebrated event a hot topic this year
- 9 UPDATE: Man dies after 'serious accident' on A30
- 10 Steve's Great Hike
A scenes of crime investigator is currently in Lace Walk and PCSO Barry Redford has been reassuring neighbouring shopkeepers and local residents.
Further updates are to follow.