UPDATE: Burglars leave trail of devastation
Anybody with information about Lace Walk burglaries urged to contact police in Honiton.
THIS is the scene in Lace Walk, Honiton, following overnight burglaries at two shops.
Goods have been stolen from The Co-operative supermarket and barber’s shop Tom, Dick and Harry, including distinctive GHD hair straighteners, along with cash and charity tins for Help for Heroes and Cancer Research UK.
Police are appealing for information about the whereabouts of the missing items and are urging anybody who can help their investigation to call Honiton Police Station on 08452 777444. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
Police would also like to hear from anybody who may have seen or heard something suspicious in the vicinity of Lace Walk during the night.
You may also want to watch:
Burglars used slabs taken from the back step of a skittle alley at the Three Tuns in Honiton to smash their way into the shops.
Doors at the Co-op are boarded up and a notice is advising customers that the supermarket is closed due to “unforeseen circumstances”.
- 1 Sisters urge supporters to keep giving as mum battles to beat cancer
- 2 School recognised for appliance of science
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 5 Customers reminded to look out for tax credit renewal packs
- 6 Mum and daughters take some big steps to help beat cancer
- 7 Green blueprint for new valley park is agreed
- 8 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 9 End of online meetings leaves councils with a dilemma
- 10 Author's school visit takes the biscuit
A scenes of crime investigator is currently in Lace Walk and PCSO Barry Redford has been reassuring neighbouring shopkeepers and local residents.
Further updates are to follow.