UPDATE: Cave rescue man had suffered heart attack
Adrian Bailey, of Colyton, is expected to be released from hospital today.
A MAN who was rescued from a cave in Beer after being taken ill on Saturday afternoon suffered a heart attack, it has been revealed.
Adrian Bailey, from Colyton, was in a group of around 15 people when he was taken ill at Hooken Cave.
The group had been visiting the cave to see bats.
Mr Bailey was airlifted on a stretcher from the cave and taken to the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
He is expected to be allowed home this afternoon (Monday).
- 1 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 2 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 3 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 4 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 5 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 6 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 7 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 8 Local Football Results
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'